OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies
If you are looking to access further education or progress your professional career, the OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies is the right option for you. The study programme offers in depth understanding of business processes and operations.
– The OTHM Level 3 qualifications can be offered to Learners from age 16.
- English requirements: Learners who are not from a majority English-speaking country, must provide evidence of English language competency.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
The Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies qualification consists of 4 mandatory units plus 2 optional units for a combined total of 60 credits, 600 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 360 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Introduction to Research and Academic Skills (10 credits)
- Using IT for Business (10 credits)
- Introduction to Economics and Accounting (10 credits)
- Introduction to the Business Environment (10 credits)
Optional units: Learners can choose from any TWO courses:
- Introduction to Customer Service (10 credits)
- Managing Business Events (10 credits)
- Introduction to Marketing (10 credits)
- Introduction to People Management (10 credits)
Duration and delivery
Full- time study that is delivered in 6 months. Flexible study options are available for part-time students.
Assessment and verification
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor, which is then internally verified and then externally verified by the awarding body.
On successful completion of the course, learners can progress for a Bachelor’s degree or pursue a qualification in Level 4.
OTHM qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) and many universities acknowledge the ability of learners after studying Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies and consider for direct entry into a range of their Bachelor’s degree programmes.
For details on our tuition fee and administrative charges, please get in touch via email or call.