The study programme focuses on supporting learners development in the tourism and hospitality industry. The programme is best suited for individuals looking to progress their career in tourism and hospitality industry.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Management (20 credits)
- Services Marketing and Customer Service (20 credits)
- Accounting and Finance (20 credits)
- Academic and Professional Development (20 credits)
- Events Management (20 credits)
- Development of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
Full time, One year. Flexible study options are available for part-time students.
Assessment and verification
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor, which is then internally verified and then externally verified by the awarding body.
On successful completion of Level 4 Diploma in Business Management, learners can progress for a Level 5 or choose to progress their professional career. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programmes.
For details on our tuition fee and administrative charges, please get in touch via email or call.