A diploma in the health and social care industry gives learners the opportunity to develop skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within health care administration and/or management.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 7 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Master’s Degrees, Integrated Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification consists of 8 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Managing Service Delivery in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Managing Finance in the Healthcare Sector (15 credits)
- International Health Policy (15 credits)
- Strategic Management in the Healthcare Industry (15 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care (10 credits)
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
Full time, One year. Flexible study options are available for part-time students.
Assessment and verification
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor, which is then internally verified and then externally verified by the awarding body.
Achieving the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.
For details on our tuition fee and administrative charges, please get in touch via email or call.